Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My first thousand words?

I am mentally ten years old, and apparently prefer learning through children's books. A friend of mine was kind enough to give me an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and this was one of the four books I purchased:





































It's really quite cool. I have a shaky history with vocabulary-list-style books (read: I buy them and then do nothing with them) but I'm hoping to get at least something out of this one. Even apart from my interest in Judaism, I really like Hebrew as a language and I would love to be fluent some day. It'd probably be good to learn words that are not 'mi chamocha ba'eilim, adonai' or 'eshet chayil' (though I found an Eshet Chayil song on Spotify that's awesome, but I don't think I am very much of an eshet chayil, so there you go).

We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment