Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Lady of Chance

I'm bad at blogging - I'm really bad at blogging. Or at least, I've become bad at blogging - my teenage self seems to have had no problem keeping up a regular schedule on LiveJournal. But LiveJournal makes my brain cry (on a purely aesthetic level) by this point, so Blogspot it is.

I'm unsure what I want to say here. Currently, there are two major things going on in my life: one is my PhD, which I am in my second year of, and one is my Reform Jewish conversion. One is something I always sorta kinda expected to be involved in at one point - and one comes as a complete surprise. I always knew I would at least attempt to get those two letters - Dr. - in front of my name: it happens when you have more than average intelligence and a love for learning from a very young age. I never knew that I would one day, willingly, try to join an organized, or, if that is a bad word, an established and traditional religion. But here I am, and both things are going on, and I want both very much - and I also want to survive both with my sanity intact.

So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment